Summer is here and hopefully, we all have more time to read!
Jump into this Summer Reading Challenge to mix up your book choices. Find inspiration in this list of 6 challenges.
Pick 1 book for each challenge item and read all 6 books by the end of summer.
When you succeed, you’ll have taught yourself something new, felt empathy toward someone who is more like you than you would have thought, and delved into some truly wonderful stories.
My recommendations are listed below to get you started. No need to read these specific books, though. That’s why this challenge lists topics or genres, instead of specific books. But, if you need a place to get started, check below!
- To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee
- The Pull of the Stars by Emma Donoghue
- Seven Days in June by Tia Williams
- This is Your Mind on Plants by Michael Pollan
- The Personal Librarian by Marie Benedict and Victoria Christopher Murray
- The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society by Mary Ann Shaffer and Annie Barrows
Looking for more book challenges and reading lists? Click the links below for some of the most popular lists and challenges from Spine & Leaf Books or go to our Book Recommendations page to explore all of our book lists:
Book Challenge: Read 50 Books in 2022
10 Must-Read Books Inspired by Nature
101 Favorite Science Fiction Books